Main Street Wooster, Inc., a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization was incorporated in 1985 and implemented in 1987. Since that time, there has been:
- Continued focus on the economic development of downtown Wooster
- Creation and sustenance of community -- "a sense of place"
- More than $145 million of public/private downtown reinvestment, including $41 million in infrastructure improvements
- A reduction in downtown storefront vacancies from 42 percent in 1987 to 6 percent in 2012.
- 165 interior/ exterior building renovations
- 145 net new businesses and 62 expansions of existing businesses
- Events attracting more than 200,000 people to downtown each year